FH-Freedom-Reloaded is a re-work and modification of “FH Freedom blue 0.2” theme released by Frank Helmschrott. I was very impressed by the theme but have found that it was incompatible with WordPress 2.2 and widgets system integrated into new version. There was also an issue with many things being in German and some CSS issues.
To make story short – I have adopted the theme for one of my projects, fixed the functions to make it fully compatible with latest [tag-tec]WordPress[/tag-tec] release and modified columns layout and CSS styling to suit my needs. Unfortunately I have decided not to continue developing project it was intended for and since the theme is ready – I’m releasing it for your enjoyment.
- Fully compatible with WordPress 2.2 and widgets system.
- System has a left column for content and smaller right sidebar. I have done a mod that I personally found useful – right sidebar has actually 4 columns: 1 top column that uses full width of the sidebar; 2 side-by-side columns for smaller widgets and ads; 1 bottom column that also uses full width of the sidebar.
- CSS was modified to make it clean (as much as I managed, css is not my strongest skill) and fully compatible and tested with Mozilla Firefox 126.96.36.199, IE6 and IE7. Based on my analysis this covers about 97% of all browsers and I didn’t test it in any others, which should work as long as they are properly process css.
- No additional plugins required to make it run properly.
Since I don’t have a theme running in live environment I’m instead presenting you series screenshots that display most of the features that theme present. All screenshots were taken from site that uses WordPress 2.2 with multitude of plugins installed without any issues. Simply click on image below to view the screenshots gallery.
Download FH-Freedom-Reloaded Theme
Release Date: 06.15.07, version 1.0
Footer credits must remain if using this theme
Some Known Limitations And Support
- Theme is using a top navigation bar for all your pages so it obviously has a limited number of pages you can include.
- Each navbar button is of fixed width and you will have to watch the length of the Page Name to make sure it fits the size.
- Top bar is not required to be used for widgets. Was created as I was intending to include AdSense code using Text Widget but if you decide that you don’t need it, simply don’t put anything in Top Column and it will be ignored by theme.
- CSS issues. I haven’t found any with exception of dashed line in sidebar for listed items, sometimes you might end-up with couple of them, one after another, but since CSS is not my strongest skill – you are on your own. It works properly but any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Any issues you will find, please post your comment here so I could address them. If you are a css master and find any issues with my file – fixes will be greatly appreciated.