New Ways to Use WordPress
Many website owners use WordPress to help them organize and post their content online. WordPress was originally created as a tool for blogs, giving users the ability to post blog entries and receive comments from their visitors. However, WordPress can do more than just power a blog. Read ahead for some creative ways you can use WordPress for your own website.
1. Recipe Management – If you love to create your own recipes, consider using WordPress to organize your favorite dishes. With the robust category and tag system, you can organize your content by ingredient, difficulty and other elements. One a single page, for example, you can let visitors easily browse all of the recipes that use chicken. Additionally, people can take advantage of the native commenting system to ask you questions about your recipes.
2. Link Directory – WordPress provides you an easy way to manage a large collection of online links. Simply create a new blog entry for each link in your directory. WordPress will automatically help you categorize each link into the topics you specify. With a few plug-ins, you can even incorporate additional functionality into your directory. For example, you can make it possible for visitors to rate links on a scale.
3. Photo Gallery – Professional photographers can use WordPress to manage and display their best pictures. Each blog entry can serve as an individual page of a gallery. You can include information for each picture, including where you took the photo and what camera you used. You can use this photo gallery to attract new clients for your photography business or to sell prints of your images.
4. Review Website – If you enjoy writing reviews of your favorite books, movies or products, consider using WordPress to create your own review site. You can easily organize each of your reviews by title. Additionally, you can also include useful keywords and tags on each review. For example, if you review a science fiction and fantasy movie, include tags for each genre the movie belongs to. Visitors can then click on each tag or keyword to find reviews you’ve written about similar movies.
5. Job Board – Using WordPress to run a job board can help you simplify the process. Your viewers can take advantage of the native search engine to find jobs relevant to their experience. When a job on your site is no longer available, you can easily delete the posting to remove it completely from the site. By using WordPress, your visitors will find it easy to leave comments or questions about a particular job.
WordPress is a powerful online tool that you can use for more than just a weblog. By using the existing functionality and plug-ins in new ways, you can create just about any site you want.
About the Author:
This guest post is contributed by Debra Johnson, blogger and editor www.liveinnanny.com She welcomes your comments at her email Id: – jdebra84 @ gmail.com.
Tags: Plug-ins, tools, website, WordPress