Web design for WordPress always comes down to evaluating which Blog Templates (or what is commonly knows WordPress Themes) fit your needs the most! This review of available options for choosing best blog template for your WordPress will concentrate not only on their visual appeal (web design factor) but also functionality!
WordPress is a dynamic by nature and any web designer failing to also properly integrate functionality – falling short of the target and minimizes benefits of the platform. Web design for WordPress blog is quite a bit different from creating template for static site and how well designers understand it will impact the overall performance of your blog.
In my previous post 10 Best Web 2.0 WordPress Themes I have talked about using free blog templates and choosing which is fit best your own needs. But as your progress and grow your blog you will find that free templates simply don’t cut it. You will need to find a way to separate your blog from multitude of others and choosing a custom WordPress theme is simplest way to do it.
Unfortunately – it is not the cheapest! Custom blog design can run you into a few hundred dollars quite easily and unless you have that money might be a bit too expensive option. Luckily for your there are Premium WP Themes that allow you to achieve similar separation at a lot lower budget.
Here is My Pick of Best Premium Blog Themes
In many cases a web designer providing premium blog templates also provides you with multitude of options and instead of evaluating one single option – I will share details on what is currently available from him.
Brian is one of my favorite wp themes designers due to a very high quality of the coding behind the themes he releases and very appealing look. He is also one of the most productive web designers when it comes to premium blog themes.
Just have a look at the beauty he unleashed to the public:
… and don’t forget the other themes available from him:
Simply click the images above to navigate to his site and see what he has available. He takes an approach with his blog templates that functionality determines the look and his themes are targeting a specific way to publish your content.
StudioPress Themes priced to provide you with maximum flexibility and choice:
- Developer Package – $2499.95.95, gives you an option to develop sites using his templates as many times as you wish.
- Single-Use Package – $79.95, this package is for the person who intends on using this theme on a single website.
Choose what fits your needs! Demo and Purchase
Michael is another web designer who produced multiple high quality blog templates, some as premium and some are free. But since we are talking about Premium WordPress Themes to give you the custom look you need – here are some of my favorites from him:
…and as I have already mentioned he has a few more to choose from once you get to his page. Here are some of my personal favorites
Solostream Premium WP Themes priced very competitive:
- Basic (Single Use License $49.00)
- Premium (Multiple Use License $79.00)
- Developer ($179.00)
Choose your options! Demo and Purchase Here
Superb web design of WordPress blog templates with a different look. While they provide you with quite a choice, including standard these days magazine layout themes – I personally Love the Design of Essence WordPress Themes series.
Available in several colors: Blue, Dark, Golden, Silver and Red these blog template is great choice for blogs looking to take advantage of using WordPress as CMS through heavy usage of Pages.
And here are some other choices provided by same developer:
iThemes takes aggressive approach in pricing and unlike others have multiple options:
- Single Use – this license ranges from $29.99 to $79 and depends on which theme you will choose.
- Multiple Use – license that permits you to use theme on more then one blog and begins with $29. Once again will depend on which theme you will choose.
- Developer License – competitively priced with my favorite Essence series priced at $199.95 it goves you options you need. Although if you are series about using these themes I recommend you have a look at 10-in-one developer package. Best value as you get all 10 themes for $399.95
Make your choice! Demo and Purchase here
A swiss-army knife of the web design for WordPress this theme is one of a kind and created to allow you easily separate yourself from competition. Following popular magazine layout design it comes with everything one might expect and need from blog template in functionality!
But perhaps one of the most important aspects of the theme is that it comes with services by the Ben, who designed it, if you choose it! Flexible pricing provides you with an opportunity to purchase Not Only the blog template, which is great but also a service level that you need:
- Self Service – $97 will provide you besides the complete blog template with FREE E-mail Support, WordPress University, FREE Upgrades – 1 yr.
- Limited Service at $167 gives you access to all the features above plus Custom Header Image, Plugins Installed For You, FREE Phone Support
- Full Service at $247 gives you everything you need for a custom look. All the features available to previous levels plus FREE Setup, FREE Installation, 1 Hour Customization, Use on Multiple Sites.
Choosing what you personally need is the only predicament you have now! Demo and Purchase Here
Another nice looking wp theme with a magazine design that gives your blog stylish look and feel. Very Web 2.0 Designed it has a nice light appeal and yet full functionality one would expect from a premium theme:
With several colors to choose from it gives you the flexibility to pick one that is most appropriate for your blog:
Omni Theme pricing is similar to others and gives you range of options to choose from:
- Single Use license at $79.99
- Developer License for single theme – $199.99
- 4 in one Developers Pack license if you need all 4 – $299.99
Choose wisely but don’t forget to evaluate it! Demo and Purchase Here
And last but by no means least I want to to present set of themes by “Woo Themes” group of developers. WooThemes is a project started by four respected designers – Adii, Magnus Jepson, Mark Forrester and Elliot Jay Stocks – whom all share one thing: their passion for WordPress. All of the themes available on WooThemes are 100% unique and you won’t find similar CMS solutions elsewhere for any other platform.
Just have a look at what they have available:
And here are a few more from same guys:
Woo Web Design group provides you with a similar pricing structure as other guys but with one twist:
- Single Use license at $70 gives you just that – single use of the theme you purchase
- Developer Licenses at $150
- Woo Themes Club at $150 for 3 month will give subscribers access to all of our unique themes
One again – you have to see it for yourself to make any decisions! Demo and Purchase Here
Web Design for WordPress continues to grow in popularity and more and more lucrative wp themes become available but when you are evaluating – be sure to know what blog templates most appropriate for your blog!