We can see a huge shift in the number of people who love to access the internet on their smartphones. According to a recent report, by 2020, the number of smartphone users would be reaching over 6 billion. Not creating a mobile friendly website could land you in some grave trouble as you would be missing on the greater section of the society who love to surf the web on their smartphones. This has given way fro responsive web designs.The designs and codes responding to the type of device that it is being accessed on is what responsive web design is put into practice for. Hence a responsive web design that could easily take the shape of the device is the need of the hour. The link www.wordpress-web-development.com/responsive-web-design.html anchors you to one of the web pages of an esteemed web designing company that elaborates the importance as well as the services that it offers for creating a responsive web design.
Today let me walk you through some of the important tips and tricks that will help you in creating a good and fully functional responsive website.
Tips for creating a great Responsive Web Design :
1. When you are building a website from the scratch, do not forget to start designing from the viewpoint of the mobile users. After you have designed the mobile view you can then focus on building the tablet and desktop designs. This way you could ease out the process of responsive web designing process.
2. Make extensive use of prototyping software which allows the generous use of media queries that will help your websites respond to the changing devices. Media queries are an important component of the CSS3 that allows the content to reciprocate according to the screen size. Moreover, you could even set breakpoints in the prototyping software that help in designing the three genres of technology.
3. Start by going off board. Start with a design. Begin the website creation process by drawing it out or designing it on a tool or software. A blueprint always helps in guiding through the construction process so that it becomes easy for the builders as well as the engineers to figure things out. Similarly, make all your thoughts and ideas come alive through a designing tool and then get them coded intricately
4. The look and feel should be given utmost importance because that is what defines whether a user should stay back or move ahead. A mobile screen is smaller as compared to a desktop and hence make efforts that they are neat yet dynamic when it comes to creating attractive designs. Do not forget to add an element of consistency to your website.
5. Let it flow. Make generous use of liquid layouts as you never know in which device the users are accessing the website. You can also make use of @media that will help in the smooth transition process across all possible devices.
6. With smaller screen sizes you have to reduce the size of images, contents as well as the size of the fonts. When assigning a font size to make sure to keep them legible enough for the readers so that they do not have to zoom in or pinch the website to read them.
7. Everyone loves it when the are properly directed. Hence make sure to keep the navigations as simple as possible. If there are a multitude of navigations make sure to properly align them or give them a space of their own so that you do not make the users confused. Smaller the screen, lesser space you would be having to guide them through. Hence make sure to keep the navigations simple and precise.
8. The sidebars are one of the most used spaces for adding links, advertisements and various other information. Make sure that you divide this aspect so that you do not end up cluttering your mini website. Try to divide the sidebars or as far as possible avoid them by giving the first preference to the website’s core content.
9. Avoid including PNG images as they would end up bloating the images, destroying the look and feel of the website. Make sure that your images are adjustable to the screen size and space. If the images are too large you could consider using the responsive images to enhance the user experience.
Final Note :
With a multitude of devices popping up every day and the competition increasing at an alarming rate it becomes necessary to curtail each and every section of the society. In this race of getting ahead, technology has come up with the responsive web deign concept that helps in curbing audiences by easily gliding through the devices that are being accessed across all groups of people.
Author Bio: The above article was written by Shubham Tiwari, who loves to write content on WordPress Website Development Services, eCommerce, Mobile Website Design, SEO and many more. He also writes contents that are featured on www.wordpress-web-development.com/responsive-web-design.html web page. Currently, he is working with Techno Infonet web design and web development firm in India.