I have decided to start a new series on this blog: One Way Link Building. It is main design and goal to help you – the blogger take advantage of the options you already have. It is one fact nobody will argue – the more incoming links you have to your site or blog with just the right mix of attributes – the better you will be ranked by Google, Yahoo and MSN.
While there are a few other search engines – I don’t personally care since the traffic they send to my site is so insignificant that I will not even pay any attention to them! Our goal here is to Rank Better On Google and others will follow!
Before I will jump into discussion on How We Will Build One Way Incoming Links, I think I need to first describe – What Type Of Backlinks We Want! Guidelines below describe the most desirable link we would like to have:
- DoFollow One Way Link. DoFollow is a non-existing attribute and simply a reference people use to describe the opposite of “rel=nofollow” attribute introduced by Google. Nofollow attribute, when applied to any link on a site or blog will tell Google spider to Not Pass Authority through this link (page rank leak). It is on by default of WordPress blogs
- Backlink from a Content Page. While links from directories are valid and do have value – Google places most emphasis when they see a link to your blog from within a relevant content. It simply tells them that person who wrote that content found YOUR post or page authoritative enough to link to it AND pass page rank (nofollow attribute removed).
- Your Keywords As Anchor Text. I don’t mean to get technical on you and this term simply means – words that have been hyperlinked to your page. Once again in Google eyes this defines What Keywords other person sees your site as authoritative on.
That is it! I know SEO experts will tell you there is a lot more to the process – but I’m not one of the SEO experts! I do manage however to rank well for my own chosen keywords and I do it using guidelines I will provide in this series!
Link Building Effectiveness Measuring Tools
Before we can judge the effectiveness of our campaign – we need to establish baseline! Do this before you do anything else or you will have NO CLUE how effective your effort is! And one tool I recommend you use is Not From Google. In fact, Google will lie to you EVERY time when you attempt to figure out how many incoming links your blog has.
I don’t know why they do it – but it is a known fact and if I ever doubted myself before in that assumption, STSE2 has proven my own guess.
Yahoo Site Explorer will become your best friend! This tool will give you most accurate number of incoming links and gives you quite a bit flexibility by allowing to filter and get number of incoming links to specific page, entire site as well as exclude all internal links (links from your own blog). See image below:
A few important aspects I have highlighted on that image and those are the aspect you will use in your measurements.
- Your URL – this can be a your main URL as shown above or a URL to specific page or post!
- Inlinks – Number of incoming links to that URL as seen by Search Engines based on filters you set.
- Show inlinks: – Allows you to set a filter to one of the 3 values: From All Pages, Except form this domain, Except from this subdomain. Most often we will use option you see I have chosen on the screen shot as we will measure the Number of Incoming Links from OTHER sites.
- to: – Another filter with 2 possible choices: Only this URL, Entire Domain. Each filter used for specific reason – if you want to see the links for your entire domain – that is fine but when you are doing baseline on specific page – you will need to choose Only this URL option.
What Is Next?
Now that we have identified our goal and the tool we will use for measurement we are ready to begin! next posts in this Series will be concentrating on How We Will Build One Way Incoming Links. If you have not yet subscribed to my RSS Feed – now is the time! And I ever give you nice big button to do it!
And while you are waiting – I also want to highlight some of the existing posts on this topic:
- Build Oneway Backlinks Through Influence Guide
- Get Traffic Video Tutorial
- CommentLuv Plus DoFollow Equal Unlimited Link Love
- Howto Get One Way Links From High PR Sites
- Free Link Building Video Tutorial
- Allow Google Tell You What Search Results To Dominate
While this blog has quite a few more posts that deal directly with topic in question I only provided a few for you to get started! Go ahead – start building incoming links to your blog and be sure to