Blog Commenting For One Way Links
Blogs are created for successful link building campaign. It is a LOT simpler to get incoming links with your blog then with a standard static HTML site and in this part of our One Way Link Building series we will discuss in details few ways you can build incoming links to your blog via Commenting.
Or rather 3 variants of one strategy that should help you get solid results and while a bit time consuming – it will reward you for the effort! Your blog being a natural part of the whole Web 2.0 phenomena fits right into the social marketing space and communication and interaction with other bloggers is huge part of that marketing. And one that can also be very rewarding, but that is what we will discuss!
Commenting On DoFollow Blogs
While it is most beneficial for you to have incoming links from blogs at least semantically related in topic – truth is – incoming link is an incoming link! It will still count toward your authority and leak the Page Rank to you as long as it is coming from a page that already has a stable PR or has a chance of getting one.
And here is what I mean – take a look at main blog page – if it is has at least PR3 according to Google, chances are unique content on that blog will be ranked at least 2 with time, so its worth commenting on it for the link building campaign. It doesn’t mean you shouldn’t comment on blogs that have low page rank on home page but rather with my time constrains I find it most effective to comment ONLY on blogs with PR3 or more when I do it for link building (normal social interaction doesn’t fall into this rule and I comment on any blog).
There are a few places you can find listings of DoFollow blogs and here are couple for you:
I recommend you start your campaign with commenting on blogs that write on similar or related topics and then expand. You want to have incoming links from as many places as possible.
TIP: How To Comment Effectively And Get Proper Back Link
As someone who sends quite a few comments to SPAM each and every day just because people failed to read the Comment Guidelines I can share a few tips to help you get the links you want:
- Don’t Use Keywords instead of Name, unless the author EXPLICITLY allows it. If there is no comments guidelines and If you see whole bunch of approved comments with keywords instead of name – then go ahead and do it it. I guess that blog owner don’t really care and approves them – otherwise stay away from doing it, as you have more chances end up in Akismet SPAM then been approved. People Talk To People not to “SEO Expert Blog”! I delete comments from those “experts” A LOT FASTER then they can comment on my blog – idiocy is punishable in this case!
- Provide a comment that actually adds to conversation. Do take time to write actual comment that relates to the article – don’t waste your time on writing “great article”, “your are awesome”, “bookmarked this post” – flattery will not work on more popular blogs as his author gets plenty of comments on each post and will not approve such garbage just to have comment on that post! Add Value With Your Comment and you will get on good side of the blogger. I love the conversation and will approve ANY post that adds to it, even if it is completely against my own belief.
- Link Out but don’t overdo it. Yes, you can link out from your comment to your own post and it will be approved AS LONG AS that link naturally flows from your comment and provides additional value to the readers of the post! For example: if a blog post is about a dog food and you have on your blog a post that talks how some dog food is better for a specific dog breed – you can comment and that post and then at the end of your comment do a link to your own blog post stating something to the effect: “I have done a detailed analysis on what dog food works better for German Shepherd and you can read more details here – <a href=”http://yourdomain.com/post”>Dog Food For German Shepherd</a> “- that gives you an incoming One Way link from related site with YOUR anchor tags and as long as it really adds to conversation – it will get approved!
- Read Comments Guidelines. I know those are not available on every blog but when they are – do take time to actually read them. Its amazing how many comments go into SPAM simply because its author failed to read it. It only takes one click for me to SPAM the comments if its author was too lazy to read the guidelines on my blog.
- Create Your Own List Of Related Blogs. Once you find blogs that give you good link juice and approve your comment – do go back once in a while. Comments are conversations and been part of the conversation makes you noticeable. Once you begin commenting on regular bases – you have a chance that the blog author will link out to you naturally from article.
Looking For DoFollow KeywordLuv
This strategy is slightly more advanced and requires that you perform a search for the blogs that use KeywordLuv plugin, be aware that that this is constantly changing list. For example – my blog used to use the plugin but was discontinued due to SPAM abuse.
Now a bit more on this strategy:
Do a Google Search on “dofollow keywordluv list” – this will give you quite a few results of blogs that use KeywordLuv plugin and DoFollow.
Now simply go to those blogs and comment. And to explain what the KeywordLuv plugin does: it allows you to leave a comment and add your keywords to your name, then those keywords will be hyper linked to your blog. Superb Way to get One Way Links with Your Anchor tag. You can read more on this strategy in my previous post
Looking For DoFollow CommentLuv
I love CommentLuv plugin for the options it provides. Andy Bailey has created a virtual revolution by developing this plugin and now he took even farther and created entire portal that help you benefit from the plugin even more.
Taking advantage of this strategy is very similar to KeywordLuv – simply Google “dofollow commentluv list” and you will get quite a few results.
I have really described all you need to know about it in post above.
Summary Of Link Building With Comments
I have just shown you 3 different ways to effectively build incoming one way links to your blog. Nothing boosts your blog popularity as much as incoming links and using what I have described will help you give great boost to authority status – do it consistently and you will see results!Tags: backlinks, build links, incoming site links, internal links, link building, link building strategies, one way link building, one way links